Flummi become object

hi evrerybody!

it’s been several days I’m breaking my teeth trying to transform the patch flummi (from diki) into an object.
I would like to have several flummi in the same windows reacting together.

In processing
I learned a bit of object oriented programmation.

I know for vvvv it’s the subpatches,
but this I don’t manage it.

does anyone have any suggestion?

thanks

I joined the original file.

++

k.

hi evrerybody!

it’s been several days I’m breaking my teeth trying to transform the patch flummi (from diki) into an object.
I would like to have several flummi in the same windows reacting together.

In processing
I learned a bit of object oriented programmation.

I know for vvvv it’s the subpatches,
but this I don’t manage it.

does anyone have any suggestion?

thanks

I joined the original file.

++

k.

Flummi.v4p (35.6 kB)

hi kaybod,

i think it could be possible to carefully revise the flummi patch so that it is spreadable. but you would then have multiple flummi that are unaware of each other (aka do not collide with each other).

i found it quite challenging to think about how to get several flummi to react with each other; an inefficient approach would generate giant spreadcounts by checking every flummi with every other flummi. an efficient approach is tricky in because the methods are mostly procedural and require advanced magic to implement in vvvv.

i guess for the flummis, it would be much easier to write a plugin node that can do this, and also much more performant. while i’m typically voting for doing everything in vvvv natively, it would be a lot smarter the other way. the flummi patch was just a demonstration of how to do something like it without using the ODE.

good luck!

ok thanks diki,

I guess I don’t know how to write a plugin,
so I will try to do the first method,
“checking every flummi with every other flummi”!

thanks again for you prompt reply

appreciate

++

k