Filestream video - determine endpoint?

Is there a way for VVVV to determine how long a video file is?

When I set Filestream to loop. The video will not loop unless I manually set the endtime. Is there an object that can automatically count the time of a video file? PD and Max have objects that do this.

FileStream has an output which you can feedback into the “To” input pin. you’ll need a framedelay node in between though.

also the AviParser can give you an avis duration. only its texture-output needs to be connected to a quad, which needs in turn be connected to a renderer before the duration will be shown (a bug!).

or maybe an avi info node? Could it just read the tags, could that include other tags? Or di you have to read the file to gets its info?

FileStream has an output which you can feedback into the “To” >input pin. you’ll need a framedelay node in between though.

Thanks Joreg. That seems to work well. I think this info would be great to add to the audio video documentation or to the filestream reference?

dir qwiks. this site is a wiki. i’d like to encourage you to add that info yourself where you’d search for it and this way help us improve the documentation.

Ok I’ll use my best judgement to help with documentation.

thanks