Filestream DX11.Texture.VLC DoSeek

Hello, I have not worked with video players in VVVV for a long time. Right now I used the Filestream DX11.Texture.VLC for something, but the DoSeek does not work cleanly, goes only in combination with an active play. Is there a solution for the problem, so that the DoSeek works cleanly without an activated Play. The problem has nothing to do with the codec, uncompressed AVI shows the same behavior. Many greetings Jens

Don’t think so…
If you need more control over playback would look on to hap…

Thanks for the tip for the HAP player. I’m just wondering that there is no standard Dx11 player in Beta that can perform the simple function of DoSeek. The clean playback has always been a problem, the TexturePlayer is a great solution for 99% of all cases. But it would be nice to have a good standard player in Beta.

In encoded videos, you can just “cleanly” jump inbetween keyframes. And depending on your compression there are not that many. Lets say you have 60 frames. A lossy codec like mp4 might save 3 of them as keyframes, and the rest as “interpolation data”.

So if you want to be able to seek any frame, you have to switch to hap or textureplayer, or save as uncompressed avi (which is also lossless). Then better go for hap ;)

" … The problem has nothing to do with the codec, uncompressed AVI shows the same behavior. Many greetings Jens …"

^^ seems I missed that. like anthokio said: hap

Don’t think dx11 is supported anymore, for new features you have to go to gamma…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.