assimp can also load fbx files if you don’t need blendshapes, in mp.dx and mp.essentials there are nodes to handle multiple skeletal animations and skin them per-instance.
im looking into the possibility of importing skeletal animations to v4
here is what packs i have installed, from github:
searched what could be related to the topic at hand, i have identified two possible patches:
- skeletalMesh.vp4 from mp.dx
- skeletonV2.v4p from mp.essentials
opening md.dx\girlpower\skeletalMesh.vp4 following happens:
- performer (string) is missing
- find (string) is missing
- nodepath is missing
- missing the test asset, is this it ?
- enums seem broken under skeletonSimple.v4p
opening mp.essentials\girlpower\SkeletonV2.v4p this is what happens:
- all mp.essentials.dll nodes are red (joint, make, setjoint, mixpose, cons(skeleton v2), expand(node), sift(string advanced), getjointtransform)
overall i have two questions:
- are this the right patches to consider for importing skeletal animaitons via fbx to v4 ?
- is it possible to circumvent the listed errors as to get to a working example ?
sorting this out i could to contribute help patches if of interest