Exception error when using hierarchy viewer

Sorry, this doesnt seem like the right place to post error reports, but I cant find a better place.

I keep getting an “unhandled exception” error from Microsoft .NET Framework every time I use (close) the hierarchy viewer. I have a very large patch and use the hierarchy viewer a lot, even though the text is kind of too small for it to be a pleasure to use (ok, i think it wasn’t designed for patches with that many subpatches - ca. 200).

I am using 31.2 64bit.

Here is the error:
********************************************_

Exception from HRESULT: 0x90F39818

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x90F39818): Exception from HRESULT: 0x90F39818
at VVVV.PluginInterfaces.V2.IWindowSwitcherHost.HideMe()
at VVVV.Nodes.WindowSwitcher.WindowSwitcherNode.FHierarchyViewerKeyUp(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
at UMD.HCIL.Piccolo.PCanvas.OnKeyUp(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

********************************************__

In fact I get other errors too when using it and I dont really understand the hierarchy viewer. I press ctrl - tab to open it. If i keep pressing ctrl it will stay open. If i start to resize the window switcher i can let go of ctrl and it will stay open till i click on something at which point i get the error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, or I press ctrl and it closes and I get the error above.

Would it not make more sense to have the hierarchy viewer as a permanent window like all the others like Herr Inspektor, ProjectExplorer, etc.?

in what way doesn’t this seem to be the right place to post error reports?

the error you mentioned on closing window-switcher which happens only with x64 is already fixed in latest alpha builds.

regarding a permanent hierarchy window check the Finder.

this one would be interesting to get detailed reproducible instructions for since i cannot reproduce if i simply try.

ah and regarding the small font size: you can zoom with the mousewheel.

Thanks @joreg,

i was wondering if it was the right place because its an error report and as such is not really interesting for anyone but the devvvvs!? But ok, I will keep posting them here if I come across them :)

Hmm, I cant seem to reconstruct the other error right now, but it was some combination of resizing the window while holding ctrl, then letting go of ctrl (window stays open without pressing any button) and then clicking somewhere. If i come across it again, I will post it here.

If it is fixed already in the alphas, then I think we can close this thread.

Ok, finder seems like what I was looking for and even has more features, awesome! Although it is nice to see the hierarchy of the subpatches and to see all subpatches at once, when you have a few levels (I have 5 “levels” of subpatches).

Oh and that zooming in out with the mouse wheel is nice!! So when will we have this in the other normal vvvv windows? ;)

wrong! others may have seen the same and may be able to add more details. or they already know a solution and can give you the answer before any devvvv sees your question. or the thing is totally devvvv-unrelated and someone else might know a better answer anyway.

Ok, you’re right. Well, I will continue to post it in the forum and not wonder if it is the right place any longer. ;)