Excel to XDocument

I’m currently testing how to parse excel files (yes, that original shit from microsoft) the best way and recently came up with a thing that feels like the way to go. This is how it looks like:

This simply uses ExcelDataReader

2 Likes

Hey, this looks like a cool idea! ive tried to install the package via Nuget but i cant find the ExcelDataSet Node in ur Screenshot. What are the dependencies ?
Ive installed and enabled:
nuget install ExcelDataReader
nuget install ExcelDataReader.DataSet

Ah, maybe I’ve written that nodes in c#… Can have a look these days and share here.

VL.Excel.7z (441.0 KB)

Hey, thx sebl!

ive tried to open it in VL, ive copied the folder to: vvvv_50beta38.1_x64\lib\packs and it shows up as a VL Nuget. When i try to add it as dependency this error will show up:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘VL.UI.Forms’ or one of its dependencies. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
File name: ‘VL.UI.Forms’

Ive added VL.UI and VL.UI Config via .NET Nuget but i still get the error.Also added as “Forward dependencies”

@gegenlicht and @sebl which versions do you use?

vvvv_50beta38.1_x64 @tonfilm

sebl is known for using latest alpha. you can check the vl version in the .vl document…

1 Like

thx its working in latest alpha

1 Like

works great, i’ve just put it to use in a little app. thanks!

Hey, wanted to use this again but sadly need to use beta 38.1 for a project - is there a verson flying around working with the current beta ?

can’t you use beta39 release candidate? it’s quite stable so far, no complaints regarding vvvv beta stability.

Hey Tonfilm, sure but its a rushjob so was trying to avoid preview. Its working now in Preview. thx.

General issue i keep having with .vl documents nested in vvvv.

From Riot
gegenlicht
im trying to open a .vl file in new beta preview but cant find it on the vvvv side of things only in vl editor
tried “open in patch” - drag into patch - doubleclick from explorer
gegenlicht
“solved” by creating a template vl and copying other vl content inside it … cant find other vl doc via finder