Domain twist nodevember

hi all,

I can’t get @everyoneishappy 's example from nodevember working. my box won’t twist and I see no noise on roughness. am I using a wrong kind of noise or does something not compile?

sdf twist.vl (71.3 KB)

1 Like

Check FBM Type. Seems to be the difference.

And thanks for redoing the patch, had the same idea to try it but no time yet.

2 Likes

As rough rule on the FBM you want ‘gain’ to be somewhere around ~.5, and the ‘lacunarity’ somewhere aroun ~2. This means each layer of noise has half the amplitude and twice the frequency as the one before it. I also notice you had worldscale rather then worldspace attached to the material noise. Here’s fixed patch:
sdf twist.vl (70.3 KB)

2 Likes

@everyoneishappy thanks so much for the patch. Just wondering, if you are planning to make a folder and share all the nodevember submissions you created? All were interesting and cool which could be a great base for us to understand more and take it a bit further. Cheers.
B.

1 Like

@Cy_Bers we will publish some patches that are more demos like this. I know @gegenlicht also made a bunch of really nice Node patches as well

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.