Should DO regions affect performance?
My naive understanding of their purpose, (to enforce order of operations) made me think they would have no performance impact. Similar to using disabled IF regions for the same thing.
- I’m developing a sound library.
- There are reactive requests for sound generated in the application
- For example PlayMedia, PauseMedia etc
- When these requests are received I want to enforce an order of operations, so that if PlayMedia and PauseMedia are sent in the same frame it’s clear which one will be executed first.
- So my solution in the receiver is to use OfType to filter the requests to their downstream processes, and DO regions to enforce the order the OfType nodes can executed.
Tested in 2021.4.12
DoRegionTest.vl (125.2 KB)