Creating Subpatches in Runtime

Hi people,

I need to create a lot of subpatches of varying quantity in runtime. I’ve put them all together in a directory. When using CreateNode with Dir, they all nicely pop up. Due to performance Issues, I would need to have them all unevaluated and preferably hidden. Is there an easy way, to get that done?

Greetings,

Alex

yo alex,

have you seen the hidden “Evaluate” pin on subpatches ?

hey @sebescudie

Yes I know that Pin… but the patch is created on runtime… I can’t set that pin for 100 patches. I’ll try to explain, what I’m trying:

I have roundabout 100 subpatches, that I wan’t to load into the the parent patch. The should not evaluate from the beginning on, and be hidden (which I could set with SetPatchMode inside the Patches, but I’d rather find an external way). I want then to selectively evaluate one or two of these subpatches, since they contain a lot of textures, or many values.

Greetings,

Alex

EDIT: Just trying to get it working with SetPatch. Does anybody know, how I can get the Evaluate-Pin with XPath?

I’ve made a patch to clarify

enabler.zip (4.5 KB)

sorry for late…

you don’t need to get the pins. all you need is the ID of the node, because then you can send a message to the pin named “Evaluate” of the node with the given ID. does that help?

@joreg
By sending a message to the pin, you mean using SetPatch?

ah, sorry, right. with SetPatch.

So I did… works perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.