Control random values with MIDI notes

I would like to be able to control the hue of a color with the Random (Value) node, but I only want the message to be sent when a MIDI note is pressed. I’m looking for a node with two inputs that will send something similar to a Bang value from the first input only when it receives a value that is not zero from the second input. I am unable to find a node like this, however. Could anyone offer some suggestions?

hello, that would be a combination of > (Value) and TogEdge (Animation). but the MidiNote node has a Pin ‘On Data’ that sends a bang when data comes in, maybe that can be used directly.

I would like to be able to control the hue of a color with the Random (Value) node, but I only want the message to be sent when a MIDI note is pressed. I’m looking for a node with two inputs that will send something similar to a Bang value from the first input only when it receives a value that is not zero from the second input. I am unable to find a node like this, however. Could anyone offer some suggestions?

Okay. Thank you very much for your help. How could I send the output of the MidiNote On Data pin and turn it into a bang? If I hold down the midi note random values are continuously sent. I’m sure there is a node that sends out a bang every time it receives a value of one.

a node that sends out a bang every time it receives a value of one.

see TogEdge (Animation)