Contour module, output object ids spread/slice order

hi. in the contours examples the main render shows the ellipse objects with quads which correspond to their the ellipse objects transformations and the quad colors also correspond to the ellipse object ids based on hsv mappings. i am using the same example but i would like to arbitrarily relate a color to a specific ellipse object but its difficult to do so becaue the order that the contour module detects the ellipse objects changes each frame. i used a sort module to sort the object ids and the former index to relate the changing detection orders of the output object ids spread to their corresponding slices via. so i could rebuild the spread of my arbitary colors into the same order as the output object ids so that the quads colors would correspond to my arbitrary colors rather than object id mapped hsv values…

my goal basically is to have a set of objects each with a specific texture/color assigned to their corresponding quads. so

object/quad 1 would be red
object/quad 2 would be blue
object/quad 3 would be green

for the duration of the objects detectection…

-ekene

hi. in the contours examples the main render shows the ellipse objects with quads which correspond to their the ellipse objects transformations and the quad colors also correspond to the ellipse object ids based on hsv mappings. i am using the same example but i would like to arbitrarily relate a color to a specific ellipse object but its difficult to do so becaue the order that the contour module detects the ellipse objects changes each frame. i used a sort module to sort the object ids and the former index to relate the changing detection orders of the output object ids spread to their corresponding slices via. so i could rebuild the spread of my arbitary colors into the same order as the output object ids so that the quads colors would correspond to my arbitrary colors rather than object id mapped hsv values…

my goal basically is to have a set of objects each with a specific texture/color assigned to their corresponding quads. so

object/quad 1 would be red
object/quad 2 would be blue
object/quad 3 would be green

for the duration of the objects detectection…

-ekene

i resolved the issue by using the / and getslice modules; an easier solution than i had though… i suppose thats not unusual in vvvv.

hey there, just curious in detail how you did this?

I’m wondering (open question to anyone), with the contour module, is there any way to assign a number (say starting from 1 and up incrementally) to each of the detected objects, render them on the objects using the x and y coords, and stay on those objects for as long as they are onscreen?

Sorry I’m a bit of a beginner, i’ve looked through the forum but can’t really find something close to this. I’m probably omitting some sort of simple concept but please bare with me :)

thanks in advance for any help!

Jepp, should be possible.
Take text-Gdi for writing your number, which you get from the output slice of Contour-Tracker. Change the Gdi render output to DirectX with dx.texture. This on a Quad and over your image by group.block. Position for the text into Quad by Transform, which data you get from Contour-Tracker.
Hope you understand this ;D Its not easy written, I know.