Aye, you can look at this from another point of view, which is, that portions of texture are scrambled.
Probably in your case reassembling the texture would be the fastest step (taking those semi-arches, for example, from where they are and moving\rotating\scaling them), although you have a pretty messy number of single polygons in your UVMap.
And all in all, I think this is must do step anyway.
Not so simple, not at all.
Well, moreover: what is it? Is really fascinating; also, if you’re not in a hurry, I’d be glad to help reconstructing this.
Thanks for the replies guys!! I was wondering if it was the texture or the actual mesh that had the issue…So it was the UV map… I didn’t do the model…Basically the model came out from a pointcloud (3D scan) and they provided it to me in an obj form and the UV map as a JPEG…
@h99 is a Church that has been granted World Cultural Heritage status by UNESCO. This is the Narthex (I think). So I need to reassemble the texture…1. take the JPEG cut every piece to be seperate and use like homography to apply it on the model? That could work? Or it’s a bad solution?
Oh, you should keep this in mind: if you want to use another model, you should tell me “right now”, because a remap of UV will be necessary, or my actual “efforts” will be useless. Chances are that the model could be reduced in size without losing any sensible detail.
I don’t know what went wrong. Texture is fine, though I found a piece that’s mirrored. So, while this makes me think that there were many different issues, it’s just that the projection of the texture on the mesh is something similar to what readme posted resulting in an UV map that’s incomprehensible (at least to me: I’ve just seen that it won’t work correctly and didn’t spend any time trying to understand how it’s actually working).