i am looking for recommendations into what type of database to use in a project about breaking down audiovisual content into tagged shots.
here are some functions and what is implied about the database:
- keyframing the content into shots (hundreds of ins and outs)
- tagging the shots (dozens of distinct tags crossed by hundreds of recurrences)
- scrolling the data (calling up tags fast)
- visualizing the data (calling up many tags)
- automatic re-indexing of shots in case new keyframes arise
- tree structure: defining groups of shots into scenes, scenes into chapters etc
what i see as vague option is xml, but i never went beyond separating txt strings.
any suggestions are welcome, even a non v4 solution for the manual part, if handy editors are out there.