I want to use an active IR marker (IR LED) over a spherical surface and using vvvv calibrate its position so I can, as a basic concept, display a cursor on the surface where the IR marker is.
One method I can think of would be the following steps:
- project lots of crosses onto the surface
- place the IR marker on a cross
- align a circle with this cross
- store the corresponding values in a table
- move to the next cross and repeat over the whole surface.
From the data, values between these positions could be interpolated.
Using this method, camera lens rectification would not be needed and could allow any surface to be calibrated.
Thoughts, ideas, direction, and solutions to realising this technique would be greatly appreciated.