Beta 25.1 - red nodes

gee good i don’t need so much sync ;]
all the time red nodes i have i usually collada file, and it all the time in one place where it connected to many Mesh (Collada)'s … I tryed to re-initialize, delete and recreate nothing helping in that patch node stay’s red whatever i do :\ after re-creation it’s going back grey… but if you open patch it’s red again…

i can confirm this partially. some nodes are red on loading a patch.

r+s are red sometimes during the first frame, but turn grey later on.

colladafile turns red. when i disconnect the output from the meshcollada it turns grey, reconnecting keeps it grey.
selecting a different dae file, however, doesn’t help.
however, the plugin seems to work okay (mesh is correct in renderer).

wiimote is behaving in a similar way. only disconnecting any output pin makes it grey again.

@dottore / string2enum

• yes, sorry string2enum is red on creation. this is because there is no “” in the “empty” enum, that is selected by default. there is only a “(nil)” value. If you enter this string it turns grey. for >25.1 it will have that string by default resulting in a grey node by default.

remarks on functionality

• string2enum is working generally, and if there is no way to convert a certain string into a value of the connected enum it turns red, which is supercool.
  • attention with shaders: i just noticed a gltich: you need to put a space in front of the techniquename. on our todolist.
  • when a string2enum is once connected it is “bound” to that enum. you can’t connect it to an enum input that handles values of another enum type. again that’s new and cool.
  • if you want to connect to another enum, you need to
    ** disconnect from the old enum input pin (string2enum gets ready for something new)
    ** connect to the new enum input pin

@all: confirming some updateview glitches regarding red nodes. will further investigate into this.