Audio FFT how?

Hello, I am new to vvvv,and I have just managed to build a patch for communicating between csound and vvvv using OSC, and also have done some experiment with shaders, but I don’t understand how to use FFT4Channels. I want to play a sound file from disk and analysis it. AudioIn seems designed for working with input device (sound car) ?
I have search though the site, have tried many patches, but no way.
Thanks for helping me on this subject (that should be easy, hope so)
jean-pierre

try the node “filestream” its plays both video and audio…

I can connect filestream to FFT, but not to FFT4Channels. How to use FFT4Channles with a Filestream?
Also, the inspector for FFT says that this is only working with AudioIn !?
Thanks

sorry, haven’t read your previous post exactly. FFT4Channels is a module. that means that its just a subpatch, containing nodes itself. when you rightclick the fft4channels-node, a new window opens up showing its containing nodes. there you can see the plain fft node i was talking about, and an audioin-node connected to it. you just can delete the audio-in and replace it with a filestream, but i think its better to take the audiosource (audio in, filestream) outside of the module. have a look at my attached modification of fft4channels…

FFT4ChannelsMod (DShow9 Resample).v4p (34.5 kB)

Thanks a lot for these patches and your quick help!. I better understand these modules now, and it works.
Continuing my journey in vvvv… so many modules and patches to explore