As announced on node 13, there are some serious considerations about generative audio in vvvv going on. In the last days i was talking a lot with @beyon)) about such a system and how it would integrate into vvvv, ((user:zeos also joined us occasionally.
Now the question is, whether there are others who want to join us. Especially people who have experience with audio engines and their architecture would be helpful at this stage. The first steps are not about audio algorithms, but about stuff like:
- what kind of calculations should be done in the audio interrupt and what can be done elsewhere
- how to handle audio formats in a general way
- how are time, bpm and note events handled in an optimal way
- how is data transfered from and to the vvvv mainloop with least possible latency
- how to handle plugin/algorithm latency
- how to minimize latency overall
If you like that sort of questions or you know someone who does, please get in touch with me.