i’m preparing a new computer to run vvvv and i have two cards in mind.
- Asus / ati / HD 4850 / 1Gb / 2xDVI
- Gigabyte / NVIDIA / GTS 250 / 1Gb / 2xDVI
what would you sugest?
btw. is it possible to put a pair of both cards in cross/sli >mode since i’ll take one pair?
It is difficult to choose one. Personally i like nvidia, and i have a pair of 9800gtx in sli.
anyway there is the new 5000series of ATI (for example the ATI5870, the most powerful videocard of the world).
here is a list of features of the 2 cards (nvidia vs ati5000series):
- probably better antialiasing
- 3dstereo drivers for use with 3d monitors or with 3dvision by nvidia
- some shaders don’t go with ATI (for example displace)
- more power
- eyefinity technology (useful for multimonitor, with 3 or 6 monitors in the same card)
anyway i’m waiting that my computer becomes old (or that i gain some money) to buy the new ati graphic card, search on youtube ati5870 for an example of the superpower of this monster.