/allowmultiple broken in 45beta26

Make that visual instance indicator a feature request then.

I think people will be using this technique more and more, especially if the shared dx texture works as well it it sounds it is

cheers

Hello,

I,m still a bit confused of the right value to put into the Affinity Mask in the SetProcessAffinityMask node.

For example i have a i7 2760QM according to http://www.cpuid.com/ i have 4 cores and 8 threads.

How could i decide to use :
1 core (v4 using one core)
2 cores (v4 using 2 cores and other instance uses the other 2)
3 cores (v4 using 1 cores and other instance uses the other 3)
4 cores …

and about the 8 threads any how to manage them.

thanks

hi as i did not know very well how to get them i did a dummy util to find the Affinity value. In my case the computer shows 8 cpu,s.

so if i want
core 0
core 0
core 0
core 0
core 1
core 1
core 1
core 1

i place it in the iobox like that and get the number 15

if i want the reverse i get the number 240

checking with the windows processor affinity util and shows that it is correct.
i could just tested this with 8 cores but i presume it might help with other number just let me know or show me how to calculate in other way. ;D

BitMaskFinder (util).zip (3.1 kB)

the picture

… no text …

i think PID (VVVV) should be part of the addonpack. with PID (Windows) you can’t get the pid of the current vvvv-instance - you’ll always get all pids for all vvvv-instances.

since b30.2 PID (Windows) reports the pid of the given process name(s).

yes, but if fed with default iputs and have - lets say - 3 vvvv-instances running, the node reports 3 pids. and it seems impossible to find out, which pid belongs to which instance.

if you name the 3 instances differently?

It seems like PID (Windows) has reverted back to an earlier version in beta31.2 since there is just ID and ID Bin Size outputs

Wasn’t the whole idea of allow multiple that you didn’t have to rename vvvv.exe (which seems to be the only way I can find to rename the process) or am I not completely understanding how to name processes?