Accommodation in Frankfurt during Node10

I’ve gone and booked the hostel now for just me, not the whole place that is, just a bed, though I better had, didn’t know how much space they had left anyway. book it up guys and girls(?) and lets get the hostel vvvv party going init!

hi nitro when are you arriving and from where? the lowest flight price would arrive at the hahn airport at 22.45 of sunday (next i should go from there to the hostel by train/bus…?? i dunno…) i don’t think i will be there before midnight…what do you think about it?
the flight to return home will be on the sunday after in the early afternoon…
Have you booked for 7 nights?
i’d be interested in a room condivision to save some money…if it’s not a problem please share with me some more infos about the cost of the hostel (20 euros/night confirmed?), when are you arriving at the hostel and other things that may be usefull (if you preferr write to me at yarlaz>|>At<|<gmail.com or just post your answer here…).
thanks

hey xd_nitro,i’m looking for accommodation also. is there any room still left? any chance can you write me email at alex #at liquid.rexgo.net. thanks.

i don’t know about you, but i’d rather pay 23e/night and stay in a hotel with breakfast, than 20e for the hostel, with sleeping halls and stuff…

@bilderbuchi, if you’re talking about Hotel Central it is 3.2km from Node if google maps hasn’t let me down. Also it’s no where near all the Frankfurt night life. Frankurt hostel is 1k from node and right in the middle of all the bars, clubs, food and strip joints. So not the nicest of areas but fun none the less. This may not appeal to all of course.

Also I’ve stayed at a few hostels in my time and this is one of the nicest and has a bit of character. I’ve booked a dorm with on-suite bathroom and as long as you have ear plugs and eye black outs on to protect from the light being switch on and off all night long then ya fine.

@liquid, it seemed there were rooms left when i booked yesterday. Get on the site and book it mate.

@crash, as far as i know Hahn airport is around 130kms from Frankfurt so don’t book that one. I’ve booked 6 night, I arrive Monday afternoon sometime and yeah it was 20E s.

xd_nitro i know that the airport is far from node by the way i think to have no alternative to that…i think i will come to the hostel by bus or train and then i will stay there for the whole week then go back to the airport again at the end of node…
i am planning to arrive sunday night and book for 7 nights because as far as i know the node starts on monday (morning?), if i get the airplane on monday i will lose something for sure!
I will now contact the hostel to ask if there is some other free rooms, by the way what about the room to share? you got a room just for you or we’re still going after the 6 persons room?

Edit:
i have 2 possibilities

1. arrive at the hahn airport on sunday evening and then go to the hostel by bus or i dunno what and book for 7 nights (airplane ticket starting from 25 euros)

2. arrive to the other frankfurt airport (the nearest to the node) and go to the hostel by bus (just 15 mins of bus) and book for 6 nights as i will arrive on monday morning (airplane tickets starting from 70 euros and i have 3 hours of train (and maybe other 40 euros of train ticket) in italy to arrive to the airport where the airplane will leave)

by now i don’t know what i will do, it depends on how easy it is to get from the hahn airport to the hostel and if i can get there after 23.00 (maybe public transport stops moving after some hour in the evening i dunno)

by the way xd_nitro if you have already booked a place in a 6 persons dorm i would suggest that the interested ones will book on their own and then at the moment of confirmation the user will communicate to the hostel the names of the people that want to be in the same dorm room (by now i think me, xd_nitro, liquid)…if you think it’s a good idea xd_nitro please send me the name you give for the booking so i can tell them to stay in you same dorm at yarlaz #at gmail.com

thanks

xd_nitro: i don’t know which google maps you used, but i get 1.1km from markt 44/kunstverein to hotel central:

CouchSurfing or hospitalityclub are also worth trying.

How many people have booked at Frankfurt Hostel? About to do it but not quite sure what dorm to choose… I might end up just booking something and hope it’s possible to switch around later to end up with other vvvv people.

@bilderbuchi, human error let me down. I put the hotels postcode into google maps and it gives somewhere 3k from node.

@beyon, I wouldn’t worry about sharing dorm with vvvv’ers. Last time with no planning the dorm seemed to be full of us anyway. but everyone hangs out in the common room anyway and meets at breakfast. just sleep in the dorm really.

@crash, I don’t know when I arriving now. I can’t make it on the sunday like planned due to too much work to do.

if someone is coming to the frankfurt hostel and would like to stay in the same room as me and another guy here in the forum (don’t remember his nickname) please write to me at yarlaz |AT| gmail.com so that we can tell to the hostel keeper to put us in the same room as i already did with my other room mate.

Send me a postcard

@io

send your address sunep -at- galakse.dk and I will send you a postcard from node10 :)

sunep

i might be a bit late to the party, but i finally got a room for me and my girlfriend @frankfurt hostel confirmed today.

see you at the strip joints! :P

Of course me being late in booking a bed…

any keywords when getting a bed at Frankfurt-hostel?