A severe one: beta15 IObox Range

setting Minimum and Maximum of an IOBox (Value) Advanced doesn’t work like before anymore.

no matter what i try the slider sticks to [ 0 ; 1 ]( 0 ; 1 ) which was set in beta14.

beta15.iobug.v4p (2.6 kB)

ai kalle,

when connecting a node to an ioboxes input, it takes the subtype from the connected pin. this is feature, so the iobox only shows the range the connected pin really outputs.

if you disconnect the ioboxes input the subtype stays. this may be considered as a problem. but connecting a node with neutral subtype like + (Value) fixes this.

you sure this behaviour changed?
anyway it reminds us once again to rework the whole subtype story.

yaa. please give us the option to set the subtype for an IOBox independently (i.e. display as integer).

as if it wouldn’t be on our mind all the time ;]

this is feature, so the iobox only shows the range the connected pin really outputs.

didn’t you look the patch?
Mouse Range seems to be [ -1 ; 1 ]( -1 ; 1 )
IOBox range sticks to [ 0 ; 1 ]( 0 ; 1 ) no matter what you try with disconnecting.

you sure this behaviour changed?

yes.
i use IOs as Slider everywhere, have a clipboard patch with preconfigured one’s.

and it is a really weird, strange behaviour.

in this patch there are 2 newly created and confirgured ioboxes.
both created and set to -10;10

left one was connected to mouse outlet once.
right one wasn’t.

try to change min and max.

beta15.iobug2.v4p (4.8 kB)

the bottom two ioboxes work fine for me. the one that is still connected to the mouse outlet has the strange behaviour you described, even after disconnecting.

My results are the same as diki, the two bottom IO Boxes seem to work fine- after disconnecting mouse though I’m only able to offset the top slider from 0 to 1.

ahhhm, excuse me being inprecise.

connect one of those two ioboxes to the mouse outlet.

then you again should have that weird sh.t
even if you disconnect it again.

Yep, that does indeed cause the problem.

• Mouse Range seems to be -1 ; 1
    while the mouse range is indeed -1/1 the subtype of the X and Y pins strangely were set to 0/1
    i changed that for >beta15 not to -1/1 but to a generic real with center 0 as all the other mousepins are set right now. this way min/max on the iobox should do what you expect.

still this doesn’t explain why you experience any change in behavior, because the mentioned wrong subtype wasn’t changed in years (until now).

• then you again should have that weird sh.t even if you disconnect it again.
    as mentioned above this is default behaviour as ever since. ioboxes copy subtypes from pins connected to their inputs and keep them even if disconnected (which may not be a lucky thing and we should definitely consider when reworking the subtype thing)

hell!

JOu aRE riGht again!
tried a beta13.

i know that behaviour from connected IO outlets.
but why didn’t ever noticed that the inlets have the same behaviour?

do i spend too fevvv time with patching?.

this vvvvonderbox keeps surprising me.
unbelievvvvable.

stillll more to come…