5 Screen Setup

If you want really stable, you will have to go with Fire pro or Quadro
probably 2 gpus

with quadro sync you have the ability to make a surround (like an eyefinity group) to have perfect in sync all displays. and also lock EDID so it doesn’t matter if it disconnects. Probably you will have to make a 2x3 group (6 outputs)

If firepro/Quadro is out of budget, choose to only use DP output (with or without adapter) and not mix it with hdmi.

Reading “FirePro” and “stable” in the same sentence makes me shiver.
Never experienced any setup or driver version that went without exotic problems and workarounds …
And it’s not like it’s always the same issues which you just solve once and for all, I came across some new and exciting problems every single time.
On the other hand that didn’t keep us from using FirePro for these kind of setups, it just never was a smooth experience …

edit: giving it another thought, it may be of interest that in these kind of setups almost always loads of display adapters were involved, MST hubs, and the last time even VIOSO software that was also interfering on some graphics API low level.

I think more than 4 displays is allways going to be tricky

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.