[2021.4 - 471] String IOBoxes don't update unless deleted and re-created

Morning all,

I have a patch that makes a REST query in an AsyncTask and displays the response in a String IOBox after a HoldLatest.

When I open my patch and fire the query, it succeeds but the IOBox does not display anything. If you hover the output pin of HoldLatest, there’s indeed something there : one has to delete the string IOBox and re-create it to see the result.

iobox_string

Hm, any patch you can share? I tried to reproduce your issue with this one but no luck :/

It only seems to happen if you open the patch starting a fresh vvvv, I managed to repro here with the same setup you’re using :

elias_string

StringOnStartup.vl (7.3 KB)

So the repro steps would be to start a new vvvv instance with this patch, bang Trigger and this should happen :)

Can reproduce with 472.

Yes thanks, now it was reproducible as well. Fixed for upcoming.

noted, thanks!

Don’t know if it is the same bug or just something similar:
iobox

From the patch @benju posted here.
Tested with 1. 2021.4.0-605.
When vvvv is started by opening the patch the ioboxes are “broken”.
When first starting vvvv and then the patch they work.

Same happens with patch I posted here:

I can confirm that I had exactly the same issue like @bjoern with those numbers before as well.

Thanks again. The initialization order of the patch editor / runtime was flawed causing the editor to not subscribe to the startup patch. Fixed in upcoming builds.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.