OpenCV PingPong Tracking

hi everyone,

i am kind of new to vvvv, i did some small projects with it but still i am far from knowing how to use it propperly.

so i am trying to track a ping pong ball. I am going to use openCV detect object node to do that. PS-eye is doing a good job for the beginning. 75fps is mostly enough and i proofed it a little bit in aftereffects.

i thought it should be possible with the detect object node to solve this issue but i have no clue how to use it. the openCV helppatch for “imageFilter overview” is quite useful. i guess with the background subtract filter i can arrange some usefull stuff.

it would be super nice if somebody could help me.
i am happy with any kind of suggestions and tips.

thank you guys

i think freeframe detect object that shipped with vvvv gonna be bit harsh for that. u can try also with detect color freeframe. Otherwise u need some proper tracker on openCV contrib, or a shader solution, guessing that if u can subtract background of the table u can have math this in compute quite easily

yea i have some good results using the camershiftTracker but it is with 40fps sadly a bit slow.

this here is pritty interesting

maybee i have to use this one, work a bit in c++ and send the coordinates to vvvv

yea i have some good results using the camershiftTracker but it is with 40fps sadly a bit slow.

this here is pritty interesting

maybee i have to use this one, work a bit in c++ and send the coordinates to vvvv

Here is something I quickly hacked together ripping off other people’s ideas (not fully comprehending them). Mainly from https://discourse.vvvv.org/t/11706.
You’ll need DX11 and the addon pack (and vlc).

It’s currently using the ping pong video linked below the yt video you posted.
Which isnt’t really good in terms of lighting , sharpness etc. and it being interlaced also doesn’t help.

Other than that there is certainly much room for improvement.

BadTracker.7z (12.3 MB)