VR for Gamma/Stride

Im currently working on a VR Project for the university of zurich. Using vvvv beta atm, i noticed heavy stuttering even with relativ low poly scenes. also the whole workflow of importing assets is not really smooth.

is there hope that the VR-feature is implemented in gamma any time soon, or is there a possibility to use a non public dev version?

I haven’t tested it, but I was under the impression that it got added plus helppatches

indeed experimental VR support is part of 2021.3 which you can already preview: https://visualprogramming.net/#Downlaod

indeed, found two vr related nodes by turning on “include potential future nodes”. no idea how two use them at all. so far i havent found any helppatches/documentation.

Does this show up for you?

@readme nope, that doesnt seem to show up, thats in the helpbrowser right?

maybe i downloaded the wrong version… or do i need to update the stride package?

That’s the helpbrowser, yes.
I’m running the latest Preview version from the link joreg provided 2021.3.0-67

yes, it should work, i tried the VR stuff with the help patch and it worked flawless, except some minor things like you have to set the mainloop to your desired framerate and and preview camera was interfering with the position of the headset. might be already fixed.

1 Like

Yes it works! Silly me, started an older gamma version …
Thanks a lot for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.