VL Console Application

Is it possible to export pure console application from gamma? Maybe even with I/O

1 Like

It’s not working. I’ve tried different approaches.
ReadLine doesn’t work either

it’s working in a way

we only export a windows app with windowing and message loop at the moment. we can add console only as an option to the exporter at a later point.

but if you need that now, you can open the .NET solution file in /Exports/src with visual studio and change the project settings to console app and compile again.

2 Likes

I’ve tried different nodes and didn’t get any output from application to powershell. It’s neccessary to compile it as conosle application through VS to get something?

It’s neccessary to compile it as conosle application through VS to get something?

Yes. The executable itself has a flag telling the operating system whether it’s a console application or not. We currently don’t have an option on our exporter to switch that flag. Therefor you need to open the exported project file and set the flag in the csproj manually.

1 Like

thanks for the explanation!

2021.3.3 now has an option for console app in the exporter, see: https://thegraybook.vvvv.org/reference/hde/exporting.html#options

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.