VL.CEF build only work on development PC

When I try my app on another machine it returns this error:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'libcef': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at Xilium.CefGlue.Interop.libcef.api_hash(Int32 entry)
   at Xilium.CefGlue.CefRuntime.CheckVersionByApiHash()
   at Xilium.CefGlue.CefRuntime.Load(String path)
   at VL.CEF.CefExtensions.<>c.<GetRuntimeProvider>b__1_0()
   at VL.Lib.Basics.Resources.ResourceProvider.<>c__DisplayClass1_0`1.<New>b__0()
   at VL.Lib.Basics.Resources.ResourceProvider.<>c__DisplayClass15_0`1.<Publish>b__1()
   at VL.Lib.Basics.Resources.ConnectableProvider`1.Connect()
   at VL.Lib.Basics.Resources.ResourceProvider.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`2.<RefCount>b__0()
   at VL.CEF.WebRenderer..ctor(NodeContext nodeContext, Boolean sharedTextureEnabled, Int32 frameRate)
   at _VL_CEF_.CEF.WebRenderer_MCG1m64xIWXMlLJ5OJfjY7.Create(NodeContext Node_Context, Boolean Shared_Texture_Enabled_In, Int32 Frame_Rate_In)
   at _VL_CEF_.CEF.WebRenderer_Image_Reactive_PZIAFLtzoOxLQsrX7odXe3.Create(NodeContext Node_Context, Int32 Frame_Rate_In)
   at _VL_CEF_.CEF.WebRenderer_Image_VhnLN3qd3PtMMq25ic3Y9Y.Create(NodeContext Node_Context, Int32 Frame_Rate_In)
   at _CTCScreenApp2020_1_7_.Main.CTCScreenApp2020_1_7Application_Haitu2AWyQOQR6CxNytylS.Create(NodeContext Node_Context)
   at VL.App.AppHost`1.<RunCore>d__5.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at VL.App.WindowsForms.WindowsFormsAppHost`1.<Application_Idle>d__2.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

What vvvv and VL.CEF version were you exporting with?

Version 0.0.3 with Gamma 2020.1.7

Other versions wouldn’t compile

As a workaround you’ll need to manually add the package VL.Cef to the exported project. Like so:

Visual Studio isn’t having it. Any idea why?

Ahhhhhh…
It appears I’m using the wrong version of Visual Studio…

Did the trick, thanks!

Tried again with 2020.2.2 after seeing some updates but I still get build errors:
2020.2.2 VL.CEF error.log (97.8 KB)
removing the previous version and deleting previously build dependencies in the src folder, but no dice.

It may be that I have something installed on my system; perhaps too many versions of VL with conflicting Nugets, that are causing my problems with building?

I just pushed new packages (0.0.8-stride) which should work in vvvv gamma 2020.2.2 - be aware of the updated install instructions as noted here: https://github.com/vvvv/VL.CEF/issues/3

1 Like

Yes, this works, cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.