Vanadium all nodes red

I downloaded the release 0.19.3.19 off Github, copied it all over (including vvv.exe.config), but when I open girlpower_Nodes.v4p all the Vanadium nodes come up red. This is with 50beta35.8_x64 on Win7 x64 Enterprise.

The first problem I saw was the release unzips the pack to packs\Vanadium, but all the references are to packs\HtmlTexture.DX11. But after changing the pack folder name, still no joy.

I get this error message on the console:
vvvv_50beta35.8_x64\packs\HtmlTexture.DX11\nodes\plugins\HtmlTexture.DX11.Core.exe: Could not load type ‘VVVV.PluginInterfaces.V1.IPluginAwareOfEvaluation’ from assembly ‘VVVV.PluginInterfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.

So does Vanadium use a now unsupported V1 plugin interface, or am I missing something else? Thanks!

this rather sounds like your vvvversion is too old, did you try with the current beta?

Ahhh, much better, works peachy-keen with 38.1 - should have tried that first, I forgot how far back my release environment is. Only one red node now (the leftmost SendTouch) and some of the girlpower patches don’t work quite right, but now I can start working with it. Thank you sir!

Now if there were just some build instructions on github I could REALLY muck things up!

clone it, build solution, profit :P

what are the other girlpower patches Not Working™?

Yeah, no. I suspect there is some other setup required, as I get a warnings about mismatched architectures, a relative path, and then a whole bunch of errors on missing references. When I first loaded the project it does say it is looking for .NET 4.7, and I went ahead with 4.6.2. This is on Win7 Enterprise x64, VS Pro 2017 15.8.6:

Warning There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built “MSIL” and the processor architecture of the reference “SlimDX”, “AMD64”. This mismatch may cause runtime failures.

Warning Load of property ‘ReferencePath’ failed. Cannot add '…..\lib\core' as a reference path as it is relative. Please specify an absolute path. HtmlTexture.DX11.Core

I suspect these are related to the relative path:

Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘md’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) HtmlTexture.DX11.Core|D:\Vanadium\HtmlTexture.DX11.Core\Core\Operations.cs 7

Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘mp’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) HtmlTexture.DX11.Core|D:\Vanadium\HtmlTexture.DX11.Core\Core\Operations.cs 9

Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘Notui’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) HtmlTexture.DX11.Core|D:\Vanadium\HtmlTexture.DX11.Core\Core\Operations.cs 10

So what am I missing? Thanks!

Ok, you will need .NET 4.7 (you can install it through the Visual Studio installer, which should be in start menu), you need to restore nuget packages (right-click solution, restore nuget packages), you’ll need to compile on x64 configuration, all dependency DLL’s which are not got through nuget are included in the /Dependencies folder and VS should work with those, you can ignore the “ReferencePath’ failed. Cannot add ‘…\lib\core’” thing, nothing is relying on that, and that was not related to the missing DLL’s (again, restore nuget packages)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.