Type '_Operations_' already contains a definition 'If_1_1'

Gamma 2021.3.1
I’ve been working on a project since this morning and its been fine with me loading, exporting (workstation) and generally patching without an issue until I opened a different and unrelated patch.
Now the latest version and all backups going back to this morning load up with this error above. I cannot share the patch here but has anyone come across this problem before?

Got Gamma to open the patch, then deleted loads of stuff and slowly brought it back into the patch. Seemed to work but didn’t. It ran once, but closing Gamma and opening it again corrupted the file.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.EmitException: C:\Users\Igor\projects\ProjectX.vl.cs(6722,107): error CS0102: The type '_Operations_' already contains a definition for 'If_1_1'
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<>c__DisplayClass64_0.<Emit>g__EmitDebug|0()
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.Emit(IProjectSymbol project, CSharpCompilation cSharpCompilation, Boolean isDebug, Boolean includeSource, CancellationToken token)
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<InitializeAsync>g__Build|1(IProjectSymbol project, IProjectSymbol previousProject)
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<InitializeAsync>g__BuildOrLoad|0(IProjectSymbol project)
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<>c__DisplayClass2_2.<InitializeAsync>b__5()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<InitializeAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<CreateAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.Platform.<UpdateAsync>d__74.MoveNext()
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.RuntimeHost.<>c__DisplayClass47_0.<<set_Mode>g__SetMode|0>d.MoveNext()

My original answer was that I deleted things and brought them back until the patch worked, and in the end, with a little help, we found out the problem was an unusual stray IOBox. Just one of those bugs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.