Trying to open VL.Youtube results in Emitting failed exception

When trying to open the file/vvvv by double-clicking, a dialog is displayed.

After clicking on Continue vvvv crashes, the process is still running (visible in taskmanager) but no patch window is shown.

Opening the file when vvvv is already up, the dialog appears, on Continue the patch is opened but not running. Navigating the patch results in the dialog popping up again.

https://hastebin.com/jefozahume.sql
emitting_failed_exception.log (45.8 KB)

Edit:
Got a different exception while navigating the patch

https://hastebin.com/uciloretot.nginx
cast_object_modelpin_modelnode_exception.log (49.5 KB)

Tricky one, this is the internal error message we get from Roslyn:
error CS1705: Assembly ‘YoutubeHelper’ with identity ‘YoutubeHelper, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ uses ‘Google.Apis, Version=1.38.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4b01fa6e34db77ab’ which has a higher version than referenced assembly ‘Google.Apis’ with identity ‘Google.Apis, Version=1.38.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4b01fa6e34db77ab’

So easy fix obviously is to either downgrade your helper project or upgrade the VL files.
How we can forsee such a thing and tell you about in a nicer way I’m not really sure yet. Didn’t make “pop” yet in my head ;)

I did however improve the exception a little so it shows at least the first (there can be many) internal compiler error - will be in an upcoming release.

Thanks for the info, will upgrade (or downgrade). Wasn’t aware of using different versions.
Out of curiosity, why wasn’t it a problem with the old backend?

Good question, I can only guess to be honest. Apparently the JIT compiler of .NET either didn’t care, or (since it’s very lazy) it didn’t run into any conflicts as it found all the methods it was looking for. C# on the other hand seems to care. So would be interesting to re-build that setup in a plain VS solution and see how it deals with it. It does however make sense to complain about it. Two different versions of the same thing is always trouble.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.