Stride Performance on internal GPU intel 630 / Intel Iris etc

I was wondering if anyone has experience in optimizing Stride / Skia applications to run on mini pcs like NUCs with internal intel GPU. Ive had a project with a dell optiplex with a intel i5 with 630 gpu. For some reason even just a Quad in Fullscreen Renderer at 1920*1080 gives me ~45fps. The application ive deployed ran at about ~35fps.

I know this is really hard to track down. Im suspecting it might not have anything to do with the application but some windows settings. The application runs fine on laptops with older internal Intel cards ( 520 ) so it might be some power management / Bios Setting but ive tried everything and am still very clueless.

So if anyone has any hints please post them here.

Could not test if xbox gamebar helps - ( windows game mode )
Added to Intel graphics and disabled antialiasing and antisotropic filtering which gave me ~4 frames more…

It would great if anyone could share minimal specs, or what gpu / cpu to avoid.
In my experience Intel Iris Surfaces run ok…

You have to try to use render without post, eg. Renderer pipeline not scene, since on the intel graphic cards you are very limited by amount of draw calls e.g. you won’t be able to render more then 10 quads without FPS drop

That makes sense. Maybe i will try to create a low spec Renderer Pipeline. In the mentioned project i needed Dof, but maybe theres an alternative to using TextureFX instead of postfx… But in my experience just a Blend TextureFX @1080p was to much for the intel 630… ( avoided this problem by only using the FX while its blending )

you can use a fake DOF by just blurring the top and bottom of the texture… but DOF itself is more complex because you have to separate background and foreground: Depth of Field

here is a fake dof / tilt-shift effect:
FakeDOF.vl (27.8 KB)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.