Stride: can't have Light Shafts + Shadow Volumes when scene is sent to multiple renderers

Hey,

I’m using Gamma 2021.3.0 + Stride 0.9.69

I’m trying to have Light Shafts (volumetric light beams) + shadow volumes (objects cutting light shafts in the air), which works fine when using a single renderer; but as soon as the RootScene is sent to multiple destinations (additional SceneWindows or SceneTextures): Light Shafts remain, shadows “impacts” on objects remain, but shadow “volumes” disappear (i.e. Light Shafts are like going through objects).

Attached is a very simple patch derived from the Light Shaft help patch, where I’m basically just sending the RootScene to an additional SceneWindow.
If only one SceneWindow is active: no problem. As soon as the other one get enabled: shadow volumes disappear instantly. (Remember to F8/F5 to see the change)

Until I find a workaround I fear I have to revert to Beta + Superphysical ;(
We have a show coming saturday that I had started in Gamma, so if anyone with a miracle fix (or pointing to something silly I’m doing wrong) that will spare me a last minute rewrite will win his own weight in BitCoins*.

* or a beer

debug_LightShaftAndShadowsMultipleRenderers_2.vl (41.7 KB)

Hey there,

are the 2 Scenes identical ? in any case: Ive just tried surrounding your patch with a “repeat” region, and this works for me. I think this way you could still make some changes per for each loop to each scene i guess.

There is some strange clipping in the lightshaft when i move the camera but it also happens with 1 window

1 Like

Hey!

Nice hack! :D
Thanks for giving it a try

The scene will be identical but from different points of views (LookAtRectangleCamera > SceneTexture), it’s the pretty basic immersive-multi-out setup.
I can try further with this ForEach approach and feed different POV coordinates based on the iteration index.
Will let you know how that goes!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.