Renderer (DX11 MRT) refuses to render until reinserted

After Antokhio posted DX11 Queue Texture I finally got my fingers dirty again. Tried to combine some goodies that popped up lately. Still learning alot. (And yes, it looks old and boring, I know… ;)

It all seems to works nicely together, very nice FPS as well, its just the (in the patch red marked) Renderer MRT that needs a poke before it starts working. What could be wrong?

Pseudofeedback.zip (20.4 KB)

Any other inputs regarding the patch are for sure welcome as well.

Which vvvv version are you using?
Also there are lots of addons like noodles, superphysical and mp.essentials in your patch, maybe you could get rid of them and see if the problem still persists. And/or provide the exact version of those packs you are using, otherwise it’s hard to debug.

it has nothing to do with packs, it’s an age old bug in the DX11 actually.

Been running vvvv_50beta35.8_x64, updating packs via VPM on 08.04.2019 - as it seems. Tested the patch indeed more barebone, yet still same issue. Maybe I missed something? Happy to learn!

Can I use any other kind of intermediate renderer, that does not suffer from this behavior? (Tried MRT and TempTarget, both behaved, in this case, pretty much the same.) Or could you elaborate on the details of this problem maybe?

Here is TTY (without workaround):

Here is patch with workaround:

3D_pseudofeedback_TTY.zip (20.7 KB)

So, while I can work around it now, by simply delaying evaluation of the intermediate renderer,
I question myself if there is more elegant ways to do.

ask @vux

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.