Problem with capture card

I’ve tried VMR9(renderless) VMR9(windowed) with mpc and it works. In the two case we have picture flicking when we made a loop with our cable.

the grapedit:

Decklink Video capture/Smart Tee/Deinterlacer/VMR9(Renderless or Windowed)

So It seems that you have to give me a postal adress… :)

BlackMagic wrote:

Hi

The current software versions are Decklink 5.2.2, Quicktime 7.0,
DirectX 9.0 and Service Pack 2 for XP Professional. 32bit.

We don’t write software or drivers directly for VVVV - however if it is
Direct Show based you should be able to see the input with GraphEdit.

Have you been able to preview your desktop onto another monitor ?

Is Deckcontrol responding ?

Multicard support should be availabel in future releases of our Drivers.

Regards

thiv. you got mail.

still: tell us which deinterlacer you are using in the mpc graph and how cool it works.

how about the desktop preview and deckcontrol blackmagic is asking about?

installation of Decklink card provide Drivers and some tools and they work properly. We just can’t have capture with vvvv.

I’ve got your mail

for deinterlacer I’m goinig to re-install the card because I’ve unplugged it for send it to you.

I can’t have more information in graphedit about deinterlacer:

“The requested property page could not be displayed”

i have see some SDI capture card with realtime hardware color space conversion (rgb/yuv).
for example this card
what do it means ? i remember you say yuv is faster because it is directly send to the graphic card.
what is the best for vvvv ?

vvvv uses the directshows vmr9 for its videotexture which states that it works fastest when fed with a yuv texture, that in the best case doesn’t go through the cpu but directly from capture board to gpu-memory.

as soon as you insert a freeframe-filter or a cpu-deinterlacing filter that advantage is gone. and on the videoin-node you rather choose and rgb format (if available. and that is what this card seems to offer). else yuv-to-rgb transformation (rgb is needed for freeframes and most cpu-deinterlacers i’d guess). would be done in software.

just a short note on that thread. decklink cards now seem to work. expect a new release before the end of 05. even deinterlacing via the VideoTexture(YuvMixingMode) seems to do…

As you are working on this, do you think we can expect to display more than one Decklink capture card signal with only one motherboard? Does the driver support that in your opinion?

they say the upcomming release will allow multiple cards in one machine. so lets see…

have you tried the desktop-out feature of the card when you had it installed?
i can’t get that to work…

yes, we’ve tried and it worked. You must active this feature in the display property (right click on the desktop…) but first you must have the blackmagic display adaptor installed in the same time you’ve installed the card driver.

Im interested in the SDi desktop mode, as I’ve been battling with scanconvertors and tearing on a job! From the blackmagic site they say you can send any window to the output and show photoshop fullscreen on the TV, so I take it that it doesnt send the whole display? When you get your card back I’d love to know how well it works with vvvv, can you send a fullscreen renderer to the sdi, is there any tearing with fast moving footage? Could save a lot of the hassle we’ve had with genlocks, scanconvertors and sdi convertors! Not that I own any sdi gear, but would help trouble shoot on jobs where we use them! Thanks

cat

we are planning to test the sdi-output of the decklink-card this evening.

so we might be able to tell results by tomorrow.

Markus

Anonymous was me !

sohou…

concerning the sdi-output there are three options:

• a fullscreen renderer: any renderer but the EX9 will not be synced and therefore possibly show tearing artefacts. but the EX9 cannot go fullscreen since the decklinkcard doesn’t offer any hardware acceleration. you can go fullscreen with a REFerence device (see DeviceNode) which doesn’t make much sense since this is extremely slow. for static images that could suffice though.

• use SwiftShader for software rendering. basically seems to work. i didn’t manage to go fullscreen though (needs some debugging) and the swiftshader doesn’t do any shaders in vvvv even though this is advertised (also needs some debugging, if this is really interesting)

• output via VideoOut (DShow9 Device). just like you can output to a DVCam device: using a video-stream directly works quite good since that completely passes by the vvvv-engine. using AsVideo to insert a texture to a video(directshow)stream is always problematic since 1.) directshow is not synced to the vvvv-engine and 2.) converting a texture to a videostream is a rather slow process.

and who would put that on a vvvviki site?
lalalala

Hi Guys!

The card came back. I’ve made new tests with vvvv9.10 and now it works. Just some trouble with Cheater Node.

Thank you for your job!!

Hello vvvv community,

I have the Blackmagic DeckLink SDI Full Resolution SD and HD-SDI Editing Card and it is working correctly with Adobe Premier.

But I can’t get it to work with vvvv. It works with windows media player classic like joreg suggested to test.

How did you guys get it to work? We are having trouble getting the actual video format pin to change to our format NTSC 720x486 29 frames while it shows PAL 720x576 25 frames. We selected UYVY in the video format pin.

It worked 2 or 3 times but we don’t know why.

We are using the video in node help patch and it is working just like Premier’s capture mode making our monitor display content only when capture mode is enabled.

The video texture node is displaying a cumulative number in the frames drawn pin. The average frames pin is giving us 24 which should be giving us 29 we think.

We opened the property page of the capture card with the Inspektor through the videoIn node and we changed the settings to NTSC 720x486 29 frames but this made no changes.

More info: I am in Brazil where the format is NTSC.

Thanks for any help.

Leo

hey,

I had horrible problems with the BM intensity pro card when it came to swapping between pal and ntsc. I found going back about 1 year with their drivers sorted the issue out.

Leo looks like input pins on VideoIn with Blackmagic don’t work…
I use virtualdub to setup input firs, and then you just add videoin with default settings and it works…

Thanks guys! Will try that! This community rocks!