Perlinnoise to grid

Hi guys!

In an attempt to get a better understanding of how to shape and transform stuff I tried to recreate something like this. So I studied all the examples about grid and arbitrary point and the like and came up with the below patch.
Which I thought was quite nice. Until I realized that

1. I can’t figure out why the first, leftmost grid gets distorted so much more while the other three produce nice curves at the same resolution
  2. I can’t use a higher resolution. With 40 spreads and according grid size the shapes kind of break in the middle.

So, what did I do wrong? I guess a lot, so some pointing into the right direction would be much appreciated.

cheers

perlingrid_work.v4p (46.5 kB)

without having a look at your patch:

always ask your friend: Herr Inspector.
there is a configuration pin “Draw Slicewise” which you only see in the inspector.
check this pin.