Nodebrowser Packs Filter

Hello dear devvvvs,

the need to toggle packs’ nodes visibility in the nodebrowser arose …
Is it possible to slip that one in for beta37?

Highly appreciated, thank you!

i’m afraid b37 is feature complete, but you do realize that you can already show/hide nodes per category? as explained here under “F” for “Filter”: https://vvvv.org/documentation/the-gui#node-browser

Yeah, that I’m well aware of.
But what I want is hide packs that have all sorts of categories in them and share those with regular vvvv.
Afraid I can’t force pack authors to introduce their own categories for all nodes.

this can be good for people who downloaded a pack which for example depends on mp.dx, which also depends on DX11 and mp.essentials, which depends on messages; and they just can’t live their lives seeing these in their nodebrowser

also implementation-wise it shouldn’t be too hard either, if a node’s file source/dll sits in a pack in the packs folder you could show/hide it. imo it would be even kinda more useful than the category show/hide. But on the other hand I also want to point out the fuzzy search in the nodebrowser currently is really good. I didn’t touch the category view or the show hide thing for ages

I don’t like that modules appear infront of native plugins, for instnace if i put there “getslice”, i’m getting getslice buffer from noodles first node in the list

2 Likes

I don’t like that modules appear infront of native plugins, for instnace if i put there “getslice”, i’m getting getslice buffer from noodles first node in the list

That’s exactly my point, this is the worst thing about what it’s like at the moment …

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.