Multi GPU

Hey vvvvorld.
I have a 4 projectors + work screen setup running on a dual gpu (1070 and 1070TI) and I was wondering will it be better to run all the projectors from the TI and the work screen on the other 1070, or distribute the projectors over the 2 gpus? and put the work screen where ever… will dx11 use the 2 gpus?
(first world problems… I know)
Ofer

well depends on how much performance you need etc. if you can no problem run your content from one gpu i dont see a reason why why use 2 gpus (there could be some syncing problem etc.)

if you need the performance you can run from 2 gpus, i run installation from two cards for 8 monitors no problems

Yes, you are right.
it will work either way…

From my test’s the main card that would always be busy would be the one with “Make this my main display” mark. Therfore second card don’t really do anything…

I’ve would recommend having main display on better card and the rest dosen’t matter…

Hi guys,
I never tried a multi GPU setup but I’m interested in. 2 GPU on the same PC are synched together or can I have syncing problems? E.g. I want to play a panorama video on multiple screens on multiple GPUs…

What do you mean by main display? the window I edit VVVV on?

This screen marked as a primary screen in windows, I guess yea the one you edit patch on…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.