If region resize timeout

it took me quite a while to find a way to resize the if region, the border hittest seems to have some timeout to get working, that’s kinda unusual and feels quirky.

right now, you need to pause the mouse movement and the border while in any other software the cursor instantly changes to resize at borders.

resizing works immediately when you are at the border, only the cursor change is delayed because it would make moving the mouse over a patch too choppy. but maybe the timing is a tad too long.

ok, i’m not nitpicking here, this delay just felt odd. i thought i can’t resize

Choppy in the sense of the mouse cursor moving jerkily or just the cursor changing all the time?
I’d consider the latter normal behaviour.

yes, the cursor changing all the time. we tested that, and no, you don’t want that.
when we make such decisions, we don’t look at one region in one patch, but complex scenarios with many nested regions, it would be quite annoying when you work on a part of a patch inside regions and the cursor changes all them time because you accidentally cross a border.

fixed in preview 200, please see here: https://vvvv.org/blog/vvvv-gamma-2019.1-preview

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.