I need help to a project with kinect which involves air guitar

Hello, I am a student and I have to do a vvvv project but I don’t know how to start.
The result should be this:
You are in front of the kinect. You start to act like you are playing guitar. A guitar appears on your image in the monitor and also a video of a concert appears behind you, with the music.
Can you guys please help me? I am desperate.

@Matilde_Chizzola what you describe would involve several stages, but I guess you should probably get yourself familiar with the Kinect nodes that are out there. I would suggest downloading the DX11 pack which includes nodes for both Kinect and Kinect2 and looking at their help patches (create a Kinect2 node and then hit F1 while the node is selected)

Kinect2 has a Gesture node which allows you to define your own custom gestures such as a “guitar holding gesture”, this is likely what you will need in the end. Google “kinect custom gesture” and you should be able to find some tutorials on how to create you gesture files.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.