Gamma2020.2.2 EXE and RUNTIME - System.AccessViolationException

Hi

I could export an EXE with Gamma2020.2.2, it is running and does what it should do BUT:

The EXE stopped working after a random number of hours sometimes gone after half an hour anothertime after 12hours (I let it run the last four nights and every morning it wasn’t running any more)

Runtime Gamma2020.2.2 didn’t crash, it also still works over night.
(edit) NOT TRUE ANYMORE after 14hours it suddenly crashes - I think the same problem than EXE - here the EVTX-file for the Windows Event Handler for more Information
201016_crash_gammaRuntime.zip (6.1 KB)

With Windows Event Viewer I found this Error:

Faulting application name: _Hello.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xa28ba75f
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.572, time stamp: 0x1183946c
Exception code: 0xe0434352

Application: _Hello.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at SkiaSharp.SkiaApi.sk_canvas_draw_color(IntPtr, UInt32, SkiaSharp.SKBlendMode)
at VL_Skia.Graphics.Skia.Layers.Clear_B7wcEtJT7QrOw9jTRtBtUK+<>c__DisplayClass3_0.b__0(VL.Skia.RenderInfo)
at VL.Skia.RenderingNode.Render(VL.Skia.CallerInfo)

in the ZIP you can find the file 201015_Crash_HelleEXE.zip (3.5 KB)
201015_Crash_HelleEXE.evtx
for more information

Hopefully this helps or give a hint

In my case I’ll use a watchdog which will restart the EXE after a crash

Greetings
CeeYaa

Hm, access violation related to Skia has been seen before. We’re planning a Skia update soon. Could be that the update alone fixes these issue you have. Will report back once a build is available for testing.

Hello again

PUSH the TOPIC
I have still a Skia Renderer Problem - Still crashes EXE and RUNTIME - always “Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll”
201130_crashes.zip (9.8 KB)

when I use the SkiaRenderer[Stride.Rendering] and render everything with StrideRenderer - it was running one weekend - without Crash but the Performance was below 10fps - so I cannot use it here - but use it in another Project.

Greetings
CeeYaa

Sorry for delaying you again. The Skia update will be in the upcoming 2021 preview, for the 2020.3 we’ll not do it as there are other changes which could potentially break other things and needs more testing.

Hello - I realised this Monday that in the ChangeLog of the “Preview 2021.4.0-8” was an entry “Updates SkiaSharp to 2.80.2” - I started the RUNTIME patches - then I couldn’t work for 2days because of kids and lockdown - BUT when I came back today in Studio - the PATCH is still running WOW
Seems like FIXED

1 Like

Good to hear. Thanks for the two days test run :)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.