Gamma Export Problems - I don't understand the System.Exception - seems like ELEMENTA bug

Hi Folks
I need help in understanding a Problem or if I can do something or is there another thing going on?

When I export a VL patch - I get the System.Exception

• System.Exception: The type ‘ILayer’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘VL.Skia, Version=2020.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.
    The type ‘IRendering’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘VL.Skia, Version=2020.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.
    The type ‘IBehavior’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘VL.Skia, Version=2020.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.

How can I find the bad Node?

thx CeeYaa

I suspect Elementa, but I don’t know
I installed Version: VL.Elementa.4.0.2-pre
it also happen when I try to EXPORT Helppatch: Nested Layout1
these Nodes are also in my VL.Document but it didn’t change when I throw all nodes of Elementa out

FOUND

when I deactivate the Dependencies of VL.Elementa I could export - but all my UI is gone

did you export with vvvv gamma 2020.2?

in Gamma 2020.2.0 you will get the Problem with “Stride.Core.Mathematics.4.0.0.1-vvvv-1279” - in Gamma 2020.2.1 from TeamCity the Problem with "Stride.Core.Mathematics.4.0.0.1-vvvv-1279"is gone but it gives the “System.Exception: The type ‘ILayer’ is defined in an assembly…”

so yes - I’m talking about Gamma 2020.2

Thanks for pointing this out. I just triggered a new build (https://teamcity.vvvv.org/viewLog.html?buildId=33144&buildTypeId=vvvv_gamma_Build) which should addresse those export issues. I was able to export your example. Would be nice if you could also try it on your end, so we can do a new stable release with those export issues resolved.

THX

YES, no error message when I EXPORT Helppatch: Nested Layout1 or a random Skia Helppatch
and I can run these EXE’s

my VL.Document also EXPORT without any red error Message
“Build finished successfully.
You MAY now run your app.”

but NOPE, I cannot start the EXE, renderer visible than it shut down immediately without a message - I will investigate - I think there is a problem on my side.

FOUND something

when I throw away Serialize or an XMLwriter or reader - EXE starts
I also provokate a crash while blocking Kinect - and again it shuts down without a message

my guess - the ERROR messages are gone with EXE
normaly I get the message there is a problem with blablablabla XML or blablabla KINECT or something but now NOPE

oldEXE - CRASH with MessageWindow

newEXE - CRASH without MessageWindow

sorry I’m very bad in describing these kind of problems

Again EXPORT is working
EXE ErrorMessageWindow gone

Just uploaded a new stable release 2020.2.2 that fixes the reported export issues.

That you don’t get the exception dialog anymore is a different topic and will have to wait after Node20, sorry for that.

No PROB minor thing - thanks anyway - have a nice NODE20

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.