Forward and Interface VL nodes

There is already some documentation available which describes what Process, Record, and Class nodes are, but I cannot find much on Forward and Interface nodes. What are they and what for are they useful?

hei maro,

forwards are explained here: https://thegraybook.vvvv.org/reference/extending/forwarding.html

interfaces are, what interfaces are in object oriented programming. and they are not officially supported yet, hence no documentation.

Thanks joreg,

Is there perhaps an example file which shows them in use? I would still like to play around with them because I’m using delegates to implement inheritance and interfaces would surely make everything a bit cleaner.

Perhaps I’m not looking correctly, but I can only find Process and Forward nodes in the document patch. Is there an example of an Interface node inside VL?

yes, for interfaces have a look at the strategy pattern implementation here: Community Coding : Design Patterns

Perfect, thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.