Failure to Launch (Bat files)

So following some chat on the matrix regarding Bat files failing to launch multiple instances correctly. I have had one of 3 instances fail on a number of occasions, not always the same one.
Just now I have had the batch file not launch the right version of vvvv. The first one here launched in 64bit
Is there something deeper that vvvv going on here?
Adding timeouts seemed to make the bat files more reliable, but I have a few errors still.
Am I doing something incorrectly?

Ah while writing this I can see that my bat doesn’t specify allowmultiple so I guess the previous v4 was still lurking not quite quit? Maybe this is the cause of the MQ issues, where a port is still blocked from the non quit version and is breaking things ? All threads were shutdown with alt+f4

Hands up anyone else who has had this kind of issue!

see also

cd “D:\Dropbox\Projects\ClaudiaPaz\OpenPlaza_Pucallpa\OpenPlaza_App\vvvv_50beta35.8_x86”
timeout 1
start vvvv.exe /o “D:\Dropbox\Projects\ClaudiaPaz\OpenPlaza_Pucallpa\OpenPlaza_App_OpenPlaza.v4p”

timeout 2

cd “D:\vvvv\vvvv_50beta35.8_x64”
timeout 1
start vvvv.exe /allowmultiple /o “D:\Dropbox\Projects\ClaudiaPaz\OpenPlaza_Pucallpa\OpenPlaza_App\Kontrol_Everything__Kontrol_EvvvverythingPresetEngine.v4p”

timeout 2

start vvvv.exe /allowmultiple /o “D:\Dropbox\Projects\ClaudiaPaz\OpenPlaza_Pucallpa\OpenPlaza_App\Kontrol_Everything_Kontrol_Evvvverything_GUI_Instance.v4p”

I always specify the path relative to the bat files. Don’t know if this makes any difference.

timeout 15

@echo off

start %~dp0\vvvv\vvvv_50beta35_x64\vvvv.exe /allowmultiple /o %~dp0Patches\_Voronoi.v4p

timeout 5

start %~dp0\vvvv\vvvv_50beta35_x64\vvvv.exe /allowmultiple /o %~dp0Patches\_Details.v4p

timeout 5

start %~dp0\vvvv\vvvv_50beta35_x64\vvvv.exe /allowmultiple /o %~dp0Patches\_Root.v4p

exit

see also:

Nice, that’s tidy, not come across that…

hei cat, two things:

• try the same but not from within a dropbox-folder. if that works consistently it could give us a hint
  • start all instances with /logstartup which should give you 3 logfiles and we should see where the non-starting instances exited

I’ll try again when the project is finished. But I’ve discovered another anomaly, I’m using a watchdog patch to launch the v4p’s now, but I’ve had to change the layer order of some of the GUI as a background layer ( some buttons not a full screen anything and in a different part of the renderer) was writing over a foreground layer, launch from patch of Bat works as normal (baring occasional issues), launch from a shellexecute, and parts of the GUI are missing.
Which brings to mind the errors I had when trying to use a dongle that Tonfilm tried to help me with but we never found the cause (and I still have 2 dongles that have never been used as a result…) the gui is dx11, and the dongle error was too. Something lurks in the depths…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.