Enable / Disable Stride part of application via an Elementa Toggle

So this could be something very simple or very complex. Since i really have no idea heres the question:

I want to create a settings application for sensor calibration and OSC forwarding. For the Setup Process i will need a Stride Scene / Renderer as a Preview to be enabled. But once the Setup Process is done the Stride part of the application should close and be unloaded to save performance. The Elementa/skia Renderer should remain since it will act as some sort of osc router.

Since i have no idea how this should be done the right way, ive decided to follow my heart and do it the wrong way:

Any suggetions would be helpful, if this is too complex i will just split the application into one stride and one skia part.EnableDisableStrideScene.vl (23.1 KB)

Hey there,

Have a look at the Overview Window and Fullscreen explanation patch, there’s a SetWindowState node that does this.

1 Like

EnableDisableStrideScene.vl (35.2 KB)

Thx :) so the opening/closing part is working. Do i need to do anything else to make sure the stride part does not take up resources once its disabled? will it still take up RAM / CPU / GPU? It kinda feels too easy

i just added 2000 teapots ot check if it works. And it looks like it does :)

OFF:

ON:

CPU and GPU drop instantly, Ram does not unload but maybe that just the editor?
kinda still dont belive it

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.