Crash while changing input pins

i’m running windows 10 under bootcamp on a MacBookPro (intel).
working on a very basic patch with some quads…
beta 42 chrashes/freezes randomly while manipulating input pins.
tty doesn’t throw error.

have a suspicion that it has to do with mac/bootcamp/windows 10 but right now i am out of ideas how to track down the problem.
(had the same problem on another laptop with the same setup. but never back then under win7)

anybody else with those issues ?

Hi @itsnotfair, I also run vvvv under bootcamp (Win8). If it would be okay to share your patch, I can take a look and see if I encounter errors too.

I’m a bit confused though:

(had the same problem on another laptop with the same setup. but never back then under win7)

So which version are you running into problems with?

Hi @Hadasi , in the past under win7 i never had this problem.
but now i installed 50beta42 and it also crashed - while fiddling with input pins.

here is the patch, but since it’s very basic, i think it has nothing to do with the specific patch:
mond_NewYork.v4p (83.8 KB)

thanks for looking into it!

Sorry for the slow reply, I didn’t find any issues in the short time I played with it.
Was there anything in particular you were doing?

hi! i went back to beta42 on win7 now, but also here it happens that vvvv crashes while fiddling with input pins…
but in this computer it happens less often, so can live with it, save regularly, and hope it does not crash during the live performance.

avoid using the UI during a performance. It is not made for that. at best it makes the output stutter.
Use a midi controller or touch osc or something like that. it give you much better results

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.