Continued from Chat: How to attach text/words to Fuse particles

There’s a reason these tools have the notation that they’re beta. It would be really cool if you could help with development and documentation. Some users do this, for example @chk with Tutorials For Aboslute Beginers

Thank you, of course, for finding and identifying the bugs. It really is very valuable work.

I’d say a lot of the comfort in using it at all now comes from the fact that there’s a huge amount of developer experience - there was the VVVV Beta. Otherwise, it’s a product by developers for developers, in a very sweet spot between allowing the more casual user to program, but still retaining all the low-level access. This allows you, if you have enough free time, to invest in developing new tools for other users. I would love to see such experienced node based tools users involved in this process.

3 Likes

@Thomas_Helzle Think about it in another way. VVVV Gamma is not just a media development tool. It’s not just about pixels. It has always positioned itself as a multi-purpose tool. You can program a smart home. For example, I calculate DC-DC converters for my electronic boards. Many of the things you can do with VVVV Gamma are simply not available in other tools.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply - after all those years, the Corona bug finally got me and my GF before Christmas and then, on top, our gas heating almost exploded on the 23. so it’s pretty fresh here… Fun holidays… :-)

So yeah, I hear you. Houdini, my favourite 3D-app is also very open ended, so I appreciate that part. I just have to see if my brain is able to grok this kind of complexity without the level of documentation and tutorials that Houdini offers.

Right now I still struggle to find which of the 50 nodes with the same name is the right one and stuff like that - the node browser is not helping there. But the concepts start to make sense and I can at least see, that VL is amazingly powerful.
I’m not a developer, I’m completely self-educated and taught myself C to write procedural shaders for project:messiah in the early 2000’s, got some JavaScript from Web site stuff and from the time when I worked with Bitwig doing controller scripts. Love VEX in Houdini.
I never did anything with C# though, and only some simple tests with HLSL in Tooll3.
I usually can hack my way through things, but am not a ‘Developer’ as such.
I love a challenge and am looking for a new area to work in, so I’ll continue to see if I can bite my way through ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

2 Likes

HEllo Thomas sorry just got aware of this thread thanks a lot for your detailed tests and patches I have adjusted the flipuv node and also adjusted the sprite node this will be part of the next release

4 Likes

Thank you so much!!! :-)