Cartesian Coordinates To XY Conversion

Hey gang!

Is there a quick way to convert Cartesian to XY? Is “XY” the proper nomenclature for the coordinate system I’m referring to?

I’m on Beta64 using face tracking data from the Kinect2 Face node to position a Pinch Texture Filter. Pinch has a pin called CenterXY, and at the moment I’m using what seems to be an excessively complicated conversion system :P

Video of effect!

mr sparkle.v4p (16.9 KB)

Any recommendations?

Bonus question! The Kinnect2 node doesn’t initialize for me until I hit F1 to open a help patch, then it’s fine. What’s happening here and what can I do to fix :P

hei m3w5,

there isn’t a direct way but in general you’d use a MapRange node for such conversions. ie. mapping the range the facepoints are given in, into the range the pinch centerXY expects it. both are cartesian coordinates, since both are about X and Y, they are only in different spaces/mappings.

(btw, i like where you are taking this. keep it up!)

1 Like

Thanks @joreg!

I’ll get myself familiar with the MapRange node.

Also, very glad to hear the encouragement! I’ll be sure to keep posting little updates now and again :D

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.