Building Audio Apps with VVVV

What’s happening in your workshop?

You might know how to bring audio into your patch, but can you generate audio signals from inside VVVV?

In this workshop we’ll learn about building audio apps with VVVV!

We’ll start by delving into the basics of audio synthesis. After that, we’ll take a look at the tools VVVV provides to build your own audio applications. The workshop will feature two projects: A subtractive synthesizer and a drum machine/sampler.

By the end of this workshop you will have the tools to create whatever audio instrument you have in your head, no matter how wacky or experimental.

What will people learn?

• Quick Intro to Audio Synthesis
  • Overview of VL.Audio and NAudio libraries
  • Build your own synthesizer and drum machine
  • Design user interfaces for your apps

Who is it for?

This workshop is perfect for anyone with an interest in music and technology.

What knowledge do you presume your participants have?

A basic understanding of vvvv gamma

A session is 3h. How many sessions does your workshop need?

What’s the teaching level?

Intermediate

How do you qualify for the topic?

I am a creative coder with a degree in mechatronics.

My work often revolves around Industrial Automation and Data Visualization, but music is one of my passions.

I also have experience teaching online, you can check out my course: https://www.udemy.com/course/learn-to-program-with-processing/?referralCode=13A70B650EB4A214C9E2

5 Likes

Hey @jrespinozah

Thank you for the workshop proposal. The content looks very interesting, indeed!
However, we are fully packed for the current season and I will get back to you as soon as we have the time frame for the next season.

By the way, would you be interested to show some of your recent projects on our next vvvv meetup?

Yeah sure! looking forward to the next meetup.

1 Like