Advatek Long Range Art net Voodoo :(

hello advatek users @sunep ;)

I have a long range mk2 with 8 receivers, each of them driving 2x 4m strip with 60smds. output configuration is set for 240pixels on each output. artnet data checks out correctly in dominator, but the data gets kind of distorted on the pixels. I move a single white pixel up the strip, but on the strip there are three white pixels moving up the strip, jumping three pixels everytime I move one.

(1,1,1,0,0,0,0…) = (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,…)
(0,0,0,1,1,1,0,…) = (0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,…)

any idea on what is happening?
regards, Achim

By chance is your strip of the 12v type where 3 pixels are chained together (3 x 5v pixels is close enough to 12v for this to work)?

Is the behavior the same with colored pixels?

And can you share a small patch with the same behavior?

Hi, please have a look at the attatched patch.

x_x

callmenames2.v4p (46.5 KB)

I can’t see anything specific that would cause the behavior you describe, but there are some stuff that is set up wrong or inefficient when compared to your setup. I attached a modified version of your patch.
CheckingAdvatekPixels.v4p (59.3 KB)

A couple of more things to check, are:

1. Which version of vvvv are you using? I there was a bug in a quite late alpha shortly before the release of beta36 that was really fucked with more than one universe, so maybe it is because of that.
  2. Does the tests in Advatek Assistant work as expected? ( you know the place where you can change color and have it fade etc. I can’t check the naming right now, I am not near my LED setup)

If it still behaves badly, then shoot a bit of video of the behavior

Thanks guys, I feel a bit silly but yes - 3 pixels per chip. It was a custom order, but to other specifications. We also had to improvise on the power supplies, since the strips came as “12V” but would stay red instead of going to black. Running them on 10V did the trick. A close one, but in the end everything worked!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.