Addflow Issue installing vvvv

Hi Everyone,

Ive been trying to install latest beta, but I got the Addflow issue : when running the setup, the square is red and I cannot check the tick box…
I tried to register addflow mannualy but using cmd prompt but I got an error message :
"The module “AddFlow5.ocx” failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.’

I dropped Addflow in Dependency walker and got this log error :
"
Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for “c:\program files\vvvv\vvvv_50beta37_x64\lib\thirdparty\x64\ADDFLOW5.OCX” contains errors. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail (14001).
Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module
"

Any help ???

it’s not recommended to place vvvv in the programs folder. the folder is special to windows and needs special rights to access and change files. i’d try it somewhere else on disk. also, unzip with 7-zip. more hints here:

it’s not recommended to place vvvv in the programs folder

Wow, didnt know that.
I unzipped it using 7-zip indeed.

Moved it somewhere else, didn’t work…

there are a few forums threads about that issue. maybe one of them can help you? for some the solution is simply a restart:

https://discourse.vvvv.org/search?q=addflow

I know, I followed some of them ;-)
I’m starting a residency right now and don’t have much time to investigate further so I’ll use another pc.

thx

moving the files will not work because it carries the access rights with the files, you need to extract vvvv again from the zip somewhere else.

you need to extract vvvv again from the zip somewhere else

That’ s what I meant ;-)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.